- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Springvale Botanical Cemetery were proud to have hosted the End of Day Reflection Service on National Police Remembrance Day, Friday, 29 September 2017.
We were honoured to host over 300 people from our community at the Bunurong Memorial Park Father’s Day Remembrance Service held on Thursday 31 August.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
The Most Reverend, the Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart to officiated the Official Opening and Blessing of the second stage of the Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum on 25 May 2017.
Welcome to the inaugural Autumn edition of Life, a publication of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust. This new publication is reflective of our focus on honouring and celebrating life.
Melbourne General Cemetery (MGC) is rich with the history and stories of Melbourne’s waves of migrant settlers. On April 7, SMCT held its inaugural Italian Culinary Heritage Tour, as part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.
This week our Historical and Cultural Director Dr Celestina Sagazio ran a historical tour of Melbourne General Cemetery...
The iconic Boyd and Renowden Chapels are an integral part of the history of Springvale Botanical Cemetery, holding the shared heritage of tens of thousands of families’ final farewells since their initial construction in 1936-1940.